Telangana march: JAC asks supporters to stay put at venue
Hyderabad: Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) on Sunday night asked its supporters to stay put at the venue of the `Telangana march` here to pressurise the government for announcement of separate state.
Addressing the Telangana supporters gathered at the Necklace Road at Hussain Sagar lake here for today`s march, JAC Chairman M Kodandaram asked them to stay on.
"We are asking for announcement of roadmap on accepting the Telangana demand. Let`s sit here as long as we can. We are not troubling anybody by sitting here," he said.
State ministers from Telangana region can also put pressure on the government by threatening to quit, he added.
Kodandaram demanded that government release all those who were nabbed while trying to reach Hyderabad to attend the march.
The government had given permission to the march from 3 pm to 7 pm, but Telangana supporters did not leave afterwards, braving rain as well as water cannons and tear gas.
Violent incidents were witnessed during the day as the Telangana supporters marched towards the venue, violating prohibitory orders and security restrictions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days