Telangana march: JAC asks supporters to stay put at venue
Hyderabad: Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) on Sunday night asked its supporters to stay put at the venue of the `Telangana march` here to pressurise the government for announcement of separate state.
Addressing the Telangana supporters gathered at the Necklace Road at Hussain Sagar lake here for today`s march, JAC Chairman M Kodandaram asked them to stay on.
"We are asking for announcement of roadmap on accepting the Telangana demand. Let`s sit here as long as we can. We are not troubling anybody by sitting here," he said.
State ministers from Telangana region can also put pressure on the government by threatening to quit, he added.
Kodandaram demanded that government release all those who were nabbed while trying to reach Hyderabad to attend the march.
The government had given permission to the march from 3 pm to 7 pm, but Telangana supporters did not leave afterwards, braving rain as well as water cannons and tear gas.
Violent incidents were witnessed during the day as the Telangana supporters marched towards the venue, violating prohibitory orders and security restrictions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record
- NHRC notice to Karnataka over ragging of Dalit student
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users