Telangana march: JAC asks supporters to stay put at venue
Hyderabad: Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) on Sunday night asked its supporters to stay put at the venue of the `Telangana march` here to pressurise the government for announcement of separate state.
Addressing the Telangana supporters gathered at the Necklace Road at Hussain Sagar lake here for today`s march, JAC Chairman M Kodandaram asked them to stay on.
"We are asking for announcement of roadmap on accepting the Telangana demand. Let`s sit here as long as we can. We are not troubling anybody by sitting here," he said.
State ministers from Telangana region can also put pressure on the government by threatening to quit, he added.
Kodandaram demanded that government release all those who were nabbed while trying to reach Hyderabad to attend the march.
The government had given permission to the march from 3 pm to 7 pm, but Telangana supporters did not leave afterwards, braving rain as well as water cannons and tear gas.
Violent incidents were witnessed during the day as the Telangana supporters marched towards the venue, violating prohibitory orders and security restrictions.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Punjab woman 'gangraped first, killed, and then thrown from roof'
- IPL 2016: Mumbai Indians sign Jerome Taylor as injured Lasith Malinga's replacement
- AugustaWestland chopper deal: It's political conspiracy to cover up criminal negligence in pursuing CBI inquiry, says AK Antony
- Tiger Shroff regrets making housewife comment?
- Britain would be less well off after Brexit: OECD