Telangana meeting as scheduled on Dec 28: Shinde
New Delhi: The Centre has decided to go ahead with the all-party meet on Telangana on December 28 as scheduled despite a request from Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy to postpone it.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said YSR Congress, formed by rebel Congressman and now incarcerated Jagan Mohan Reddy, will also be invited to participate in the meeting and such discussions will continue till a solution is found.
"The chief minister met me on Saturday and gave me a letter saying there is a Telugu conference on (December) 26, 27, 28. He had requested to postpone the meeting. I have not taken it very seriously. I have to write to all other parties. So far we have not written to any party. Let`s see the response from the parties," he told a press conference here.
Asked whether the meeting has been postponed, Shinde said "My meeting is on December 28... It will discuss Telangana issue."
Explaining the reason for convening the all-party meeting, he said nine to ten MPs (from Andhra Pradesh) met him some time ago and had requested him to convene it.
"And to their request we have called the all-party meeting. The process of discussion will continue till the final result comes," he said.
Asked how many representatives of each party will be invited for the meeting, Shinde said, "I will write to parties and ask whether they can send one or want to send more."
BJP, TRS, CPI, CPI-M have already taken a stand on the Telangana issue but Congress, TDP, MIM and YSR Congress are yet to make public their stand on the separate statehood issue.
Two earlier meetings of the political parties on Telangana issue were held on January 5, 2010 and January 6, 2011.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani