Telangana meeting as scheduled on Dec 28: Shinde
New Delhi: The Centre has decided to go ahead with the all-party meet on Telangana on December 28 as scheduled despite a request from Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy to postpone it.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said YSR Congress, formed by rebel Congressman and now incarcerated Jagan Mohan Reddy, will also be invited to participate in the meeting and such discussions will continue till a solution is found.
"The chief minister met me on Saturday and gave me a letter saying there is a Telugu conference on (December) 26, 27, 28. He had requested to postpone the meeting. I have not taken it very seriously. I have to write to all other parties. So far we have not written to any party. Let`s see the response from the parties," he told a press conference here.
Asked whether the meeting has been postponed, Shinde said "My meeting is on December 28... It will discuss Telangana issue."
Explaining the reason for convening the all-party meeting, he said nine to ten MPs (from Andhra Pradesh) met him some time ago and had requested him to convene it.
"And to their request we have called the all-party meeting. The process of discussion will continue till the final result comes," he said.
Asked how many representatives of each party will be invited for the meeting, Shinde said, "I will write to parties and ask whether they can send one or want to send more."
BJP, TRS, CPI, CPI-M have already taken a stand on the Telangana issue but Congress, TDP, MIM and YSR Congress are yet to make public their stand on the separate statehood issue.
Two earlier meetings of the political parties on Telangana issue were held on January 5, 2010 and January 6, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself