Telangana ministers boycott Andhra Pradesh cabinet meeting
Hyderabad: Ministers from Telangana region on Monday stayed away from the Andhra Pradesh cabinet meeting which has been convened for approving the vote-on-account budget for 2014-15.
The ministers boycotted the meeting to protest Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy getting the Telangana bill rejected by voice vote in the last session of the state Assembly, a minister from Telangana told media.
The vote on account is slated to be presented today in the legislature, which commenced its four-day sitting this morning.
Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill 2013, referred by the President to the Assembly, seeking its views, was rejected by the Assembly by a voice vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media