Telangana ministers boycott Andhra Pradesh cabinet meeting
Hyderabad: Ministers from Telangana region on Monday stayed away from the Andhra Pradesh cabinet meeting which has been convened for approving the vote-on-account budget for 2014-15.
The ministers boycotted the meeting to protest Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy getting the Telangana bill rejected by voice vote in the last session of the state Assembly, a minister from Telangana told media.
The vote on account is slated to be presented today in the legislature, which commenced its four-day sitting this morning.
Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Bill 2013, referred by the President to the Assembly, seeking its views, was rejected by the Assembly by a voice vote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert