Telangana MPs call-off strike
Hyderabad: Congress MPs from Telangana
region today called off their fast after the Andhra Pradesh
government decided to withdraw all the police cases filed
against students during the agitation for a separate state.
Congress Rajya Sabha member K Keshava Rao announced
the decision of the ten MPs to call of their hunger strike
after state Home Minister P Sabita Reddy and other ministers
conveyed the government`s decision to withdraw the cases
against the students which were filed last year.
The MPs began their fast yesterday demanding immediate
withdrawl of all the police cases filed against students
during the Telangana agitations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter