Telangana MPs for action against Jagan for joining TDP protest
New Delhi: Congress MPs from Telangana
region on Tuesday met senior party leader and Defence Minister A K
Antony demanding disciplinary action against Y S Jaganmohan
Reddy for joining a TDP protest in Lok Sabha against the
decision to carve out a separate state from Andhra Pradesh.
Jaganmohan, son of late Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara
Reddy, even stormed the well of the House, joining the TDP
members who had trooped in there earlier.
"We do not like the way Jaganmohan joined hands with the
TDP. It is indiscipline. We have conveyed it to Antony,"
Sarvey Sathyanarayana, party MP from Malkajgiri, told
reporters after meeting the Defence Minister.
Manda Jagannath, MP from Nagarkurnool, said the decision
to create a separate state was taken by the party high command
and it was in the manifesto of the Congress for the
state assembly elections.
"They (Jaganmohan and others) went into the well of the
House. This is unfortunate as they want to go against the
decision of Madam (Sonia) Gandhi," he said, adding "it was a
case of collusion with TDP".
Ponnam Prabhakar, convenor of the AP Congress Lok Sabha
and Rajya Sabha members, termed the act of the Congress MPs
joining hands with the TDP as "indiscipline" and described the
agitation on the issue in coastal Andhra Pradesh and
Rayalseema as "stage-managed".
He also termed the act of Congress MP L Rajagopal`s
resignation as an act of indiscipline.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi