Telangana MPs for action against Jagan for joining TDP protest
New Delhi: Congress MPs from Telangana
region on Tuesday met senior party leader and Defence Minister A K
Antony demanding disciplinary action against Y S Jaganmohan
Reddy for joining a TDP protest in Lok Sabha against the
decision to carve out a separate state from Andhra Pradesh.
Jaganmohan, son of late Chief Minister Y S Rajasekhara
Reddy, even stormed the well of the House, joining the TDP
members who had trooped in there earlier.
"We do not like the way Jaganmohan joined hands with the
TDP. It is indiscipline. We have conveyed it to Antony,"
Sarvey Sathyanarayana, party MP from Malkajgiri, told
reporters after meeting the Defence Minister.
Manda Jagannath, MP from Nagarkurnool, said the decision
to create a separate state was taken by the party high command
and it was in the manifesto of the Congress for the
state assembly elections.
"They (Jaganmohan and others) went into the well of the
House. This is unfortunate as they want to go against the
decision of Madam (Sonia) Gandhi," he said, adding "it was a
case of collusion with TDP".
Ponnam Prabhakar, convenor of the AP Congress Lok Sabha
and Rajya Sabha members, termed the act of the Congress MPs
joining hands with the TDP as "indiscipline" and described the
agitation on the issue in coastal Andhra Pradesh and
Rayalseema as "stage-managed".
He also termed the act of Congress MP L Rajagopal`s
resignation as an act of indiscipline.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India