Telangana MPs, ministers thank Sonia for `historic decision`
New Delhi: Andhra Pradesh ministers and MPs
from Telengana region today thanked Congress President Sonia
Gandhi for her "historic decision" initiating the process for
the formation of a separate Telangana state.
"We the ministers and MPs from Telengana express our
sincere gratitude and thanks for your kind gesture for
initiating the process for formation of Telangana state," they
said in a joint letter to the Congress President.
They told her that she has positively responded to the
long-felt desire and aspirations of more than three crore
people of the Telangana region.
"On behalf of the people of Telangana, we assure you
Madam, our unstinted support to the Congress and to your
leadership for this historic decision", they said, assuring
her that they would uphold all the values and virtues in the
true spirit of Indian democracy.
The signatories to the letter included 11 ministers in
the Andhra Pradesh government and 14 MPs.
The MPs included Ponnam Prabhakar, M Jagannadh, G
Sukhender Reddy, Ghanta Vivek, Nandi Yellaiah among others.
The ministers of the state government included Ponnala
Lakshmaiah and J Geetha Reddy, Sudershan Reddy, Damodar
Rajanarsimha, among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place