Telangana: Naidu appeals youth to observe restraint
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party President N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday appealed to students and youth of Telangana not to resort to extreme actions like suicide even as he demanded that the ruling Congress take a decision immediately on the contentious statehood issue.
Addressing a press conference here today, Chandrababu alleged that the "indifference and indecisiveness" on part of the Congress on the Telangana issue was causing havoc in the region, leading to unfortunate incidents like suicides (by
students and youths).
"The Congress is in power both in the state and at the Centre. It has the authority and responsibility to take a decision on the Telangana statehood demand," the Leader of Opposition reiterated.
The TDP had already made its stand "very clear" on the issue. "We have made our stand very clear...we have already informed (Union Home Minister) Chidambaram about this," Chandrababu pointed out.
Appealing to students and youths not to resort to extreme actions like suicide, the TDP chief wanted them to "observe restraint" as their lives were invaluable.
The TDP chief`s reaction came after an MBA student Bojya Naik immolated himself to death in Warangal on Saturday demanding creation of Telangana state.
The issue rocked the AP Assembly today as legislators belonging to Telangana Rashtra Samiti and Telangana Telugu Desam Forum did not let the House transact any real business.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- When Taylor Swift turned 'Batman' for Dave Grohl
- Brexit consequence: Jaitley, Rajan say country will withstand
- Senegal says ex-president Wade`s son freed after graft pardon
- OUCET 2016 Results declared; download Osmania University Common Entrance Tests 2016 Rank Card here
- Will have to see how implementation rolls out: Verma on Brexit