Telangana: Naidu appeals youth to observe restraint
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party President N Chandrababu Naidu on Monday appealed to students and youth of Telangana not to resort to extreme actions like suicide even as he demanded that the ruling Congress take a decision immediately on the contentious statehood issue.
Addressing a press conference here today, Chandrababu alleged that the "indifference and indecisiveness" on part of the Congress on the Telangana issue was causing havoc in the region, leading to unfortunate incidents like suicides (by
students and youths).
"The Congress is in power both in the state and at the Centre. It has the authority and responsibility to take a decision on the Telangana statehood demand," the Leader of Opposition reiterated.
The TDP had already made its stand "very clear" on the issue. "We have made our stand very clear...we have already informed (Union Home Minister) Chidambaram about this," Chandrababu pointed out.
Appealing to students and youths not to resort to extreme actions like suicide, the TDP chief wanted them to "observe restraint" as their lives were invaluable.
The TDP chief`s reaction came after an MBA student Bojya Naik immolated himself to death in Warangal on Saturday demanding creation of Telangana state.
The issue rocked the AP Assembly today as legislators belonging to Telangana Rashtra Samiti and Telangana Telugu Desam Forum did not let the House transact any real business.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP