Telangana: NBW issued against MLA for not attending court
Hyderabad: A non-bailable warrant was issued against Nagarkurnool MLA Nagam Janardhan Reddy and ten others on Monday for not attending court proceedings in connection with a 2011 case of stopping trains during Telangana agitation.
Reddy, who was with TDP before joining BJP recently, along with leaders of various political parties, had resorted to `rail roko` in Mahabubnagar district as part of the pro-Telangana agitation and was subsequently booked by Secunderabad Railway Police Force (RPF) for disrupting rail traffic among other charges.
Subsequently, summons were issued against them by a railway court in Secunderabad. The court today issued the warrant against Reddy and 10 others for their failure to attend the proceedings, Secunderabad RPF Inspector Ashwani Kumar told a news agency.
In a related development, the court disposed of cases against Andhra Pradesh Samajwadi Party MLA Manoj Kumar Singh, TRS MLA Harish Rao and Telangana Joint Action Committee (T-JAC) leader Kodandaram among others by issuing a warning and imposing fine of Rs 1,500 on each of them, Kumar said.
Kodandram had also spearheaded `rail roko` agitation in different districts of Telangana region.
The court had earlier issued NBWs against Kodandram and others but later cancelled them as they attended the court and on the occasions told the court about their cause of absence through their counsels.
The cases were lodged by RPF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!