Telangana: NBW issued against MLA for not attending court
Hyderabad: A non-bailable warrant was issued against Nagarkurnool MLA Nagam Janardhan Reddy and ten others on Monday for not attending court proceedings in connection with a 2011 case of stopping trains during Telangana agitation.
Reddy, who was with TDP before joining BJP recently, along with leaders of various political parties, had resorted to `rail roko` in Mahabubnagar district as part of the pro-Telangana agitation and was subsequently booked by Secunderabad Railway Police Force (RPF) for disrupting rail traffic among other charges.
Subsequently, summons were issued against them by a railway court in Secunderabad. The court today issued the warrant against Reddy and 10 others for their failure to attend the proceedings, Secunderabad RPF Inspector Ashwani Kumar told a news agency.
In a related development, the court disposed of cases against Andhra Pradesh Samajwadi Party MLA Manoj Kumar Singh, TRS MLA Harish Rao and Telangana Joint Action Committee (T-JAC) leader Kodandaram among others by issuing a warning and imposing fine of Rs 1,500 on each of them, Kumar said.
Kodandram had also spearheaded `rail roko` agitation in different districts of Telangana region.
The court had earlier issued NBWs against Kodandram and others but later cancelled them as they attended the court and on the occasions told the court about their cause of absence through their counsels.
The cases were lodged by RPF.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP