Telangana: Osmania students boycott semester exams
Hyderabad: A large number of students of
Osmania University boycotted their Post-Graduate semester
examinations which began on Thursday, demanding that the government
should introduce a bill in the Parliament for creation of
In the morning session, over 82 per cent of the
students boycotted the third semester exams conducted for MA,
MSc and MCom courses. In the afternoon session, only 32 per
cent of the students of MCA third-year appeared for their
first semester exams. Similarly, Post Graduate Law exams
recorded a 42 per cent attendance, a university official said.
OU Students Joint Action Committee had called for the
boycott. Pro-Telangana students took out rallies on varsity
campus and at different constituent colleges and affiliated
colleges in Hyderabad and other districts.
Some students tore up question papers/answer sheets
and hall tickets near the OU Arts college.
"Those who boycotted the exams also stopped other
students from entering the exam hall," the official said.
However, the exams would continue as per the schedule
in the larger academic interests, the official said.
The state government had earlier ruled out postponing
semester exams, which will continue till February 7.
Anticipating trouble, police had clamped prohibitory
orders around exams centers in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!