Telangana: Police file case against two Srikrishna panel members
Hyderabad: Acting on a direction from a local court, the police on Thursday filed a case against two members of the Srikrishna Committee on Telangana statehood issue for their alleged remarks that minorities were not interested in the movement for a separate state.
The second Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate
Court`s had given the direction yesterday on a private
complaint filed by an advocate, Vali ur Rehman, who is also
General Secretary of Telangana People`s Forum.
Rehman had said that the alleged statement of the
panel members, Abusaleh Shariff and Ravinder Kaur, hurt the
religious sentiments of the minorities.
He said Shariff and Kaur had told a local news channel
that minorities were interested more in their development
than participating in the movement for separate Telangana.
"By doing so, the committee members had hurt the
religious sentiments of the minorities who were, in fact, in
favour of statehood for Telangana," Rehman maintained.
The court asked the police to conduct an inquiry into
the matter and accordingly a case was registered against the
two members under relevant sections of IPC, a police officer
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan