Telangana Rashtra Samiti will never ally with BJP: KCR
Karimnagar: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) Chief Kalvakuntla Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday here that his party would never join hands with the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
Addressing a public meeting at SRR Government Degree College grounds here toay evening, he said, "TRS is a secular party and it will not join with the BJP."
In his 35-minute address he said that his party would join hands with the Third Front, which he said, would come to power at the Centre, after the general elections.
"Non-Congress and non-BJP parties will come to power," he said, adding that Lok Sabha seats of NDA allied parties would not cross 200.
"A confederation of regional parties will come to power, with whom TRS will join hands," he said, adding that promises made in the TRS manifesto would be fulfilled and reiterated his stand on providing 12 per cent reservations to Muslims.
He promised to sanction Rs 1,000 per month as old age pension for the aged and the physically challenged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'