Telangana Rashtra Samiti will never ally with BJP: KCR
Karimnagar: Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) Chief Kalvakuntla Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday here that his party would never join hands with the BJP-led National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
Addressing a public meeting at SRR Government Degree College grounds here toay evening, he said, "TRS is a secular party and it will not join with the BJP."
In his 35-minute address he said that his party would join hands with the Third Front, which he said, would come to power at the Centre, after the general elections.
"Non-Congress and non-BJP parties will come to power," he said, adding that Lok Sabha seats of NDA allied parties would not cross 200.
"A confederation of regional parties will come to power, with whom TRS will join hands," he said, adding that promises made in the TRS manifesto would be fulfilled and reiterated his stand on providing 12 per cent reservations to Muslims.
He promised to sanction Rs 1,000 per month as old age pension for the aged and the physically challenged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC