Telangana region Congress leaders all praise for Sonia Gandhi
Hyderabad: Congress leaders from the Telangana region organised a public meeting on Tuesday in Mahbubnagar district, to thank party President Sonia Gandhi for accepting their demand of separate statehood.
Andhra Pradesh deputy Chief Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha, state ministers D K Aruna, K Jana Reddy and former Pradesh Congress Committee president D Srinivas were among several senior Congress leaders who attended the meeting held at Gadwal.
The leaders thanked party president and other top leaders for acceding to the long-pending demand for a separate statehood for the Telangana region.
Srinivas took an exception to recent comments made by YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy against Sonia Gandhi at a pro-united Andhra Pradesh public meeting here.
Talking about remarks made by some Seemandhra Congress leaders that they would try to stall Andhra Pradesh`s bifurcation, the leaders expressed confidence that a separate Telangana state would soon be a reality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere