Telangana region Congress leaders all praise for Sonia Gandhi
Hyderabad: Congress leaders from the Telangana region organised a public meeting on Tuesday in Mahbubnagar district, to thank party President Sonia Gandhi for accepting their demand of separate statehood.
Andhra Pradesh deputy Chief Minister Damodar Rajanarasimha, state ministers D K Aruna, K Jana Reddy and former Pradesh Congress Committee president D Srinivas were among several senior Congress leaders who attended the meeting held at Gadwal.
The leaders thanked party president and other top leaders for acceding to the long-pending demand for a separate statehood for the Telangana region.
Srinivas took an exception to recent comments made by YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy against Sonia Gandhi at a pro-united Andhra Pradesh public meeting here.
Talking about remarks made by some Seemandhra Congress leaders that they would try to stall Andhra Pradesh`s bifurcation, the leaders expressed confidence that a separate Telangana state would soon be a reality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation