Telangana region MPs resignation rejected
New Delhi: The resignation of 12 MPs of
various political parties from Telangana region in Andhra
Pradesh has not been accepted by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira
Parliament sources said the resignations, tendered in
July in protest against the delay in the creation of a
separate Telangana state, was rejected because they were not
not in proper format.
Of the 12 MPs, eight belonged to Congress and two each
from TDP and TRS.
The Congress MPs whose resignations were rejected by
the Speaker are Ponnam Prabhakar, GS Reddy, M Jagannath, S
Rajaiah, P Balram Nayak, G Vivekanand, Suresh Shetkar and
Madhu Goud Yakshi.
The others whose resignation was rejected are TDP
MPs, Ramesh Rathod and Namma Nageswara Rao, and TRS chief K
Chandrashekar Rao and party MP Vijayashanti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss