Telangana region MPs resignation rejected
New Delhi: The resignation of 12 MPs of
various political parties from Telangana region in Andhra
Pradesh has not been accepted by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira
Parliament sources said the resignations, tendered in
July in protest against the delay in the creation of a
separate Telangana state, was rejected because they were not
not in proper format.
Of the 12 MPs, eight belonged to Congress and two each
from TDP and TRS.
The Congress MPs whose resignations were rejected by
the Speaker are Ponnam Prabhakar, GS Reddy, M Jagannath, S
Rajaiah, P Balram Nayak, G Vivekanand, Suresh Shetkar and
Madhu Goud Yakshi.
The others whose resignation was rejected are TDP
MPs, Ramesh Rathod and Namma Nageswara Rao, and TRS chief K
Chandrashekar Rao and party MP Vijayashanti.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan