Telangana region MPs resignation rejected
New Delhi: The resignation of 12 MPs of
various political parties from Telangana region in Andhra
Pradesh has not been accepted by Lok Sabha Speaker Meira
Parliament sources said the resignations, tendered in
July in protest against the delay in the creation of a
separate Telangana state, was rejected because they were not
not in proper format.
Of the 12 MPs, eight belonged to Congress and two each
from TDP and TRS.
The Congress MPs whose resignations were rejected by
the Speaker are Ponnam Prabhakar, GS Reddy, M Jagannath, S
Rajaiah, P Balram Nayak, G Vivekanand, Suresh Shetkar and
Madhu Goud Yakshi.
The others whose resignation was rejected are TDP
MPs, Ramesh Rathod and Namma Nageswara Rao, and TRS chief K
Chandrashekar Rao and party MP Vijayashanti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video