`Telangana resolution needs to be passed by AP House`
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh on Sunday said a separate state of Telangana could be carved
out of Andhra Pradesh, only if the State Assembly first passes
a resolution on it.
"I recall that when I was Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
in 2000, a separate Chhattisgarh was carved out only because
the State Assembly had passed a unanimous resolution on it,"
Singh told a news agency here.
It is for the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah to
make sure that such a resolution on Telangana is passed in the
State Assembly, he said.
The Congress leader felt political parties in Andhra
Pradesh were behaving rather strangely when it came to the
issue of statehood for Telangana.
Parties like the Telugu Desam and the CPI(M) which were
earlier supporting the formation of Telangana are now backing
out, he said.
"Under such a situation, there is no point in raising any
finger at the Congress on the issue," he added.
Singh said as far as development was concerned the size
of the State did not matter if steps were taken for the
de-centralisation of power as was envisaged by Mahatma Gandhi
and Rajiv Gandhi.
There has been development in Uttarakhand but due to
political instability Jharkhand could not march ahead, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!