Telangana row: Andhra’s non-gazetted officers meet Shinde
New Delhi: Leaders of non-gazetted officer Association of Andhra Pradesh met Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and expressed opposition against the bifurcation of separate Telangana state.
Talking to the mediapersons on Monday evening, General Secretary of Andhra Pradesh Non Gazetted Officer Association, Ashak Babu, accompanied by other members urged Shinde not to carve out Telangana from Andhra Pradesh state.
“We met the honourable Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and represented our problems, if the state is divided; the first category to suffer is employees because lakhs of employees are settled in Hyderabad over the last 30 years. They have to be migrated if new state is separated,” said Babu.
He also added that bifurcation of Telangana would cause many problems for the thousands of employees in diverse sectors like pension, seniority and transfers among others.
After an all-party meeting held on December 28, 2012, in New Delhi to find a solution to the long pending demand for Telangana, Shinde had promised a decision within a month.
The Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) didn’t buy Shinde`s statement and subsequently called for a shutdown.
The chances of an immediate resolution, paving the way for the formation of Telangana appears slim, as most politicians are sharply divided within their own parties on this issue.
The common people`s resentment over the logjam was evident, as they accused politicians of serving their own ends where the issue was concerned.
Meanwhile in another part of the Hyderabad city, hundreds of activists of the Telangana joint action committee (JAC) protested, demanding a bill to be introduced in Parliament for the creation of the Telangana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!