Telangana row: Andhra’s non-gazetted officers meet Shinde
New Delhi: Leaders of non-gazetted officer Association of Andhra Pradesh met Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and expressed opposition against the bifurcation of separate Telangana state.
Talking to the mediapersons on Monday evening, General Secretary of Andhra Pradesh Non Gazetted Officer Association, Ashak Babu, accompanied by other members urged Shinde not to carve out Telangana from Andhra Pradesh state.
“We met the honourable Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and represented our problems, if the state is divided; the first category to suffer is employees because lakhs of employees are settled in Hyderabad over the last 30 years. They have to be migrated if new state is separated,” said Babu.
He also added that bifurcation of Telangana would cause many problems for the thousands of employees in diverse sectors like pension, seniority and transfers among others.
After an all-party meeting held on December 28, 2012, in New Delhi to find a solution to the long pending demand for Telangana, Shinde had promised a decision within a month.
The Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) didn’t buy Shinde`s statement and subsequently called for a shutdown.
The chances of an immediate resolution, paving the way for the formation of Telangana appears slim, as most politicians are sharply divided within their own parties on this issue.
The common people`s resentment over the logjam was evident, as they accused politicians of serving their own ends where the issue was concerned.
Meanwhile in another part of the Hyderabad city, hundreds of activists of the Telangana joint action committee (JAC) protested, demanding a bill to be introduced in Parliament for the creation of the Telangana state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know