Telangana row: BJP leader Dattatreya writes to PM
Hyderabad: Amid ongoing political turmoil
in Andhra Pradesh over Telangana issue, former Union minister
and BJP leader Bandaru Dattatreya on Sunday urged Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh to immediately move a bill in Parliament for
formation of separate state.
In a letter addressed to Singh, Dattatreya said
"Sakala Janula Samme (general strike) in support of Telangana
state has entered the 34th day which was supported by all
sections of the people including state government employees
and political parties in the region".
Condemning arrest of leaders of different political
parties on the first day of three-day `rail roko` protests,
which began yesterday, the BJP leader said, "instead of
understanding the seriousness of the situation and taking an
early decision on the issue, the government has been provoking
people in the direction of violence through inaction,
provocation and partisan actions".
"It was time for the separation of the state to take
place and revive the peace and harmony in the region,"
Dattatreya said in his letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic