Telangana row: BJP leader Dattatreya writes to PM
Hyderabad: Amid ongoing political turmoil
in Andhra Pradesh over Telangana issue, former Union minister
and BJP leader Bandaru Dattatreya on Sunday urged Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh to immediately move a bill in Parliament for
formation of separate state.
In a letter addressed to Singh, Dattatreya said
"Sakala Janula Samme (general strike) in support of Telangana
state has entered the 34th day which was supported by all
sections of the people including state government employees
and political parties in the region".
Condemning arrest of leaders of different political
parties on the first day of three-day `rail roko` protests,
which began yesterday, the BJP leader said, "instead of
understanding the seriousness of the situation and taking an
early decision on the issue, the government has been provoking
people in the direction of violence through inaction,
provocation and partisan actions".
"It was time for the separation of the state to take
place and revive the peace and harmony in the region,"
Dattatreya said in his letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH