Telangana row: Jagan Mohan Reddy in custody, taken to hospital
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
Hyderabad: YSR Congress Chief Jagan Mohan Reddy on Wednesday night was taken into preventive custody by the police and taken to hospital on the fifth day of his indefinite fast against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh. Jagan has been shifted to Nizam`s Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS) in Hyderabad afer being evicted from the fast venue.
Protesting against the division, Jagan demanded the Centre to withdraw its decision to carve out a separate state.
Jagan said that the state can`t be divided without resolution being passed in the Assembly.
As the indefinite fast entered the fifth day today, YSRCP senior leader Konatala Ramakrishna told reporters that Jagan Reddy`s sugar was falling and doctors had strongly advised him to withdraw the fast.
Condemning the arrest, YSR Congress said that their cause is bigger than Jagan`s health. YSR Congress leader DA Somayajulu said that the agitation will continue without Jagan.
Jagan’s mother YS Vijayamma earlier in the day met President Pranab Mukherjee and urged him to keep Andhra Pradesh united.
Vijayamma along with other party leaders also met BJP President Rajnath Singh on Wednesday and sought party`s support on united Andhra.
Since the agitation, the Seemandhra region has been witnessing violent protests and with electricity distribution and supply companies employees on strike, there has been complete blackout in various parts of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WOW! This video of Andhra actor singing Allah, Allah fires up the internet – WATCH viral video
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani