Telangana row: SC issues contempt notices to KCR, Vijayashanti and 10 others
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued a
contempt notice to TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao, actress-
turned-party MP from Vijayawada Vijayashanti and 10 others for
allegedly vandalising the Andhra Pradesh High Court and
hurling slippers at two judges in September last over
One of the judges C V Nagaarjun Reddy had at that time
resigned in protest but subsequently withdrew it.
A bench of justices J M Panchal and H L Gokhale issued
the notice after counsel N Rajaraman and Sateesh Galla
submitted that the alleged contemnors had scandalised the
judiciary and wilfully obstructed administration of justice by
resorting to such agitation.
Others against whom the contempt notices have been
issued are Madhu Yashki, M P Nizamabadad, K Taraka Rama Rao
and Etala Rajendra, MLAs, D.Prakash Reddy, President AP High
Court Bar Association, A Narasimha Reddy, Chairman of Bar
Council of Andhra Pradesh, Satyam Reddy, Jyoti Kiran, Vinay
Kumar Goud, advocates advocate the High Court Bar Association,
K Kavitha, President Telanga Jagruthi Samithi and party leader
N Narsimha Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical