Telangana row: SC issues contempt notices to KCR, Vijayashanti and 10 others
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued a
contempt notice to TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao, actress-
turned-party MP from Vijayawada Vijayashanti and 10 others for
allegedly vandalising the Andhra Pradesh High Court and
hurling slippers at two judges in September last over
One of the judges C V Nagaarjun Reddy had at that time
resigned in protest but subsequently withdrew it.
A bench of justices J M Panchal and H L Gokhale issued
the notice after counsel N Rajaraman and Sateesh Galla
submitted that the alleged contemnors had scandalised the
judiciary and wilfully obstructed administration of justice by
resorting to such agitation.
Others against whom the contempt notices have been
issued are Madhu Yashki, M P Nizamabadad, K Taraka Rama Rao
and Etala Rajendra, MLAs, D.Prakash Reddy, President AP High
Court Bar Association, A Narasimha Reddy, Chairman of Bar
Council of Andhra Pradesh, Satyam Reddy, Jyoti Kiran, Vinay
Kumar Goud, advocates advocate the High Court Bar Association,
K Kavitha, President Telanga Jagruthi Samithi and party leader
N Narsimha Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test