Telangana row: SC issues contempt notices to KCR, Vijayashanti and 10 others
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued a
contempt notice to TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao, actress-
turned-party MP from Vijayawada Vijayashanti and 10 others for
allegedly vandalising the Andhra Pradesh High Court and
hurling slippers at two judges in September last over
One of the judges C V Nagaarjun Reddy had at that time
resigned in protest but subsequently withdrew it.
A bench of justices J M Panchal and H L Gokhale issued
the notice after counsel N Rajaraman and Sateesh Galla
submitted that the alleged contemnors had scandalised the
judiciary and wilfully obstructed administration of justice by
resorting to such agitation.
Others against whom the contempt notices have been
issued are Madhu Yashki, M P Nizamabadad, K Taraka Rama Rao
and Etala Rajendra, MLAs, D.Prakash Reddy, President AP High
Court Bar Association, A Narasimha Reddy, Chairman of Bar
Council of Andhra Pradesh, Satyam Reddy, Jyoti Kiran, Vinay
Kumar Goud, advocates advocate the High Court Bar Association,
K Kavitha, President Telanga Jagruthi Samithi and party leader
N Narsimha Reddy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say