Telangana: Seemandhra lawyers call for bandh
Rajahmundry: Seemandhra Lawyers Joint Action Committee (JAC) today called for a 48-hour bandh in 13 districts of Seemandhra in protest against Union Cabinet`s decision to approve creation of Telangana as the 29th state.
JAC co-convener Muppalla Subba Rao tonight said in a statement that the bandh will start tomorrow.
"The decision taken by the Central Cabinet has hurt the sentiments of, and disrespected the people of Andhra Pradesh," he said.
"From the start of the agitation (for united Andhra Pradesh) we were urging the people`s representatives (MPs and MLAs) to resign and join the agitation... But they have not listened and deceived the people of Andhra Pradesh," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown