Telangana: Seemandhra lawyers call for bandh
Rajahmundry: Seemandhra Lawyers Joint Action Committee (JAC) today called for a 48-hour bandh in 13 districts of Seemandhra in protest against Union Cabinet`s decision to approve creation of Telangana as the 29th state.
JAC co-convener Muppalla Subba Rao tonight said in a statement that the bandh will start tomorrow.
"The decision taken by the Central Cabinet has hurt the sentiments of, and disrespected the people of Andhra Pradesh," he said.
"From the start of the agitation (for united Andhra Pradesh) we were urging the people`s representatives (MPs and MLAs) to resign and join the agitation... But they have not listened and deceived the people of Andhra Pradesh," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31