Telangana: Seemandhra lawyers to hold massive sit-in in Delhi
Rajahmundry: Scores of lawyers from 13 districts of Seemandhra region will hold a protest in New Delhi on October 18 to mount pressure on the Centre to concede to their demand for a united Andhra Pradesh.
According to Seemandhra Lawyers Joint Action (JAC) convener Muppalla Subba Rao, over 1,000 lawyers will protest at Jantar Mantar in the national capital.
Also, the JAC has decided to abstain from court till October 26, he said.
"There is no question of calling off the strike until a statement is made in favour of united Andhra," Rao said.
More than 35,000 lawyers from 13 Seemandhra districts are participating in various protests organised by non-political JACs against the Cabinet decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh, he said.
"We are demanding that MPs resign from their posts, so as to create a political crisis to bring pressure on the Union government," he said.
"Our lawyers are participating in the ongoing Samaikyandhra movement for the past 75 days," he said, adding that we are arguing the cases free of cost against complaints lodged on supporters of united Andhra Pradesh.
"The next lawyers` meeting will be held on October 26 at Visakhapatnam where we will discuss future course of action and intensify the agitation if necessary," Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Complete list of athletes representing India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 11 points in US presidential race
- Pakistan strongly condemns terrorist attack at Istanbul airport
- From criticism to unconditional love: Argentine fans urge Lionel Messi not to quit
- SC dismisses PIL seeking ban on WhatsApp, other messaging apps