Telangana state would soon be a reality, says TRS chief
Hyderabad: TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao today expressed confidence that formation of a separate Telangana state would soon be a reality.
"The day we achieve Telangana is not far. We have clear indications. The formation of separate Telangana is not far away," he said.
Rao, however, did not elaborate on the "indications" over the formation of separate state.
He was speaking at a function held here to celebrate the victory of TRS` trade union wing in the elections of state -run miner Singareni Collieries.
Responding to a demand of Singareni Collieries workers for Income Tax exemption, the former Union Minister said he would "make an appeal to the Prime Minister about it after the formation of separate state."
The demand for I-T exemption is justified as the workers risk their lives while working in mines, he said.
The TRS President had expressed confidence about formation of Telangana on earlier occasions too.
TRS, formed in 2001, has been in the forefront of the separate state agitation. A massive `sakala janula samme` (strike by all sections of people) was organised last year for over 40 days under the leadership of TRS.
The Centre, meanwhile, says that it is keen on taking an early decision on the contentious issue though a timeframe cannot be fixed for it.
It had earlier said it can move forward on the Telangana issue only when four political parties -- Congress, TDP, YSR Congress and MIM -- give their views on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read