Telangana state would soon be a reality, says TRS chief
Hyderabad: TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao today expressed confidence that formation of a separate Telangana state would soon be a reality.
"The day we achieve Telangana is not far. We have clear indications. The formation of separate Telangana is not far away," he said.
Rao, however, did not elaborate on the "indications" over the formation of separate state.
He was speaking at a function held here to celebrate the victory of TRS` trade union wing in the elections of state -run miner Singareni Collieries.
Responding to a demand of Singareni Collieries workers for Income Tax exemption, the former Union Minister said he would "make an appeal to the Prime Minister about it after the formation of separate state."
The demand for I-T exemption is justified as the workers risk their lives while working in mines, he said.
The TRS President had expressed confidence about formation of Telangana on earlier occasions too.
TRS, formed in 2001, has been in the forefront of the separate state agitation. A massive `sakala janula samme` (strike by all sections of people) was organised last year for over 40 days under the leadership of TRS.
The Centre, meanwhile, says that it is keen on taking an early decision on the contentious issue though a timeframe cannot be fixed for it.
It had earlier said it can move forward on the Telangana issue only when four political parties -- Congress, TDP, YSR Congress and MIM -- give their views on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi