Telangana stir: Two TRS MLAs, TJAC chief get bail
Mahabubnagar (Andhra Pradesh): A local court in the district on Saturday granted bail to eight persons, including two MLAs belonging to Telangana Rashtra Samiti and Telangana Joint Action Committee Chairman M Kodandaram, arrested during the "Sadak Bandh" (road blockade) programme for separate statehood on Thursday.
The court in Alampur granted bail to the two legislators besides TJAC leaders Kodandaram and Srinivas Goud.
TRS Floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly Etala Rajender, party MLA Jupalli Krishna Rao, TJAC chairman M Kodandaram and others were arrested on March 21 for allegedly instigating protesters to attack some private vehicles and state transport buses at different places during the stir.
TRS and TJAC had organised the road blockade between Shamshabad in Rangareddy district and Alampur in Mahabubnagar district in protest against alleged delay in formation of Telangana.
Earlier, tension prevailed in front of Mahbubnagar district jail as scores of TRS supporters assembled there and raised slogans.
Before the court orders, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao, MLA Harish Rao and others met the leaders in the jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best