Telangana stir: Two TRS MLAs, TJAC chief get bail
Mahabubnagar (Andhra Pradesh): A local court in the district on Saturday granted bail to eight persons, including two MLAs belonging to Telangana Rashtra Samiti and Telangana Joint Action Committee Chairman M Kodandaram, arrested during the "Sadak Bandh" (road blockade) programme for separate statehood on Thursday.
The court in Alampur granted bail to the two legislators besides TJAC leaders Kodandaram and Srinivas Goud.
TRS Floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly Etala Rajender, party MLA Jupalli Krishna Rao, TJAC chairman M Kodandaram and others were arrested on March 21 for allegedly instigating protesters to attack some private vehicles and state transport buses at different places during the stir.
TRS and TJAC had organised the road blockade between Shamshabad in Rangareddy district and Alampur in Mahabubnagar district in protest against alleged delay in formation of Telangana.
Earlier, tension prevailed in front of Mahbubnagar district jail as scores of TRS supporters assembled there and raised slogans.
Before the court orders, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao, MLA Harish Rao and others met the leaders in the jail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'