Telangana: Students continue boycott of exams for second day
Hyderabad: Students from Telangana region
continued to boycott the Post-Graduate semester examinations
of Osmania University (OU) for the second day on Friday as a part
of their agitation for separate Telangana state.
The boycott of the examinations was total on the OU
campus and four constituent colleges in Hyderabad while
the boycott call evoked good response from Nizamabad, Nalgonda
and Mahabubnagar districts too.
According OU sources, only 1,592 students out of the
11,058 students who had registered for the semester exams of
MA/MSc and MCom courses wrote the exams while 803 students
appeared for the MCA second-year exam out of the registered
With regard to LLB exam, 294 out of the 406 candidates
appeared, they said.
Following the boycott call given by the OU Students Joint
Action Committee, pro-Telangana students took out rallies.
Despite the low turn-out, the OU authorities had
yesterday stated that the exams would continue. The State
government had earlier ruled out postponement.
OUSJAC spokesperson P Kailash said that students will
continue to boycott the exams till a bill for formation of
Telangana state was introduced in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you