Telangana students should not obstruct Rosaiah`s visit: Cong
Hyderabad: Taking exception to the announcement of Telangana students to obstruct the visit of Chief Minister K Rosaiah to Nizamabad district, the ruling Congress in Andhra Pradesh on Sunday appealed to them to desist from any such move.
"It is not proper for them to obstruct the tour of the Chief Minister. He is going there to lay foundation stone for development activities. Creating hurdles for his visit is nothing but stopping the development of Telangana," Information Minister J Geeta Reddy told reporters.
"I am a daughter of Telangana. Dividing the state is a different matter. We want to ensure the development of Telangana first," Geeta Reddy said.
Congress Chief Whip M Bhatti Vikramarka from Telangana has also objected to the comments made by the Telangana students about the chief minister`s visit.
Claiming that the visit of Rosaiah to Nizamabad district in Telangana is an attempt to dilute the "sentiment" in favour of the statehood demand, the Telangana students Joint Action Committee (JAC) has vowed to obstruct the visit of the Chief Minister.
The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) of TRS and other people`s organisations, however, said it has not discussed the issue.
"We have not discussed the issue," JAC Convener M Kodandaram said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video