Telangana supporter Nalini joins BJP
Hyderabad: Former Deputy Superintendent of Police D Nalini on Thursday joined the BJP in the presence of Andhra Pradesh party unit president G Kishan Reddy here.
Nalini, who hails from Bhongir in Nalgonda district in Telangana region, had quit from her post in November last year in support for a separate Telangana.
BJP state party chief Kishan Reddy welcomed her at the BJP state office on MJ road here along with over 100 supporters.
Former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya, party`s national secretary K Laxman and other leaders were present on the occasion.
Speaking to media later, Nalini said she had decided to join the party as it was committed to the cause of Telangana.
She claimed the party had assured people of the region that formation of Telangana would be announced within 100 days of its coming to power.
Nalini, who was working in the Women Protection Cell in the CID, was suspended from service by the Andhra Pradesh Director General of Police last year on charges of "grave misconduct" when she announced her support for Telangana publicly while in service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray