Telangana supporter Nalini joins BJP
Hyderabad: Former Deputy Superintendent of Police D Nalini on Thursday joined the BJP in the presence of Andhra Pradesh party unit president G Kishan Reddy here.
Nalini, who hails from Bhongir in Nalgonda district in Telangana region, had quit from her post in November last year in support for a separate Telangana.
BJP state party chief Kishan Reddy welcomed her at the BJP state office on MJ road here along with over 100 supporters.
Former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya, party`s national secretary K Laxman and other leaders were present on the occasion.
Speaking to media later, Nalini said she had decided to join the party as it was committed to the cause of Telangana.
She claimed the party had assured people of the region that formation of Telangana would be announced within 100 days of its coming to power.
Nalini, who was working in the Women Protection Cell in the CID, was suspended from service by the Andhra Pradesh Director General of Police last year on charges of "grave misconduct" when she announced her support for Telangana publicly while in service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read