Telangana supporter Nalini joins BJP
Hyderabad: Former Deputy Superintendent of Police D Nalini on Thursday joined the BJP in the presence of Andhra Pradesh party unit president G Kishan Reddy here.
Nalini, who hails from Bhongir in Nalgonda district in Telangana region, had quit from her post in November last year in support for a separate Telangana.
BJP state party chief Kishan Reddy welcomed her at the BJP state office on MJ road here along with over 100 supporters.
Former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya, party`s national secretary K Laxman and other leaders were present on the occasion.
Speaking to media later, Nalini said she had decided to join the party as it was committed to the cause of Telangana.
She claimed the party had assured people of the region that formation of Telangana would be announced within 100 days of its coming to power.
Nalini, who was working in the Women Protection Cell in the CID, was suspended from service by the Andhra Pradesh Director General of Police last year on charges of "grave misconduct" when she announced her support for Telangana publicly while in service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users