Telangana supporters oppose `Rayala-Telangana` proposal
Hyderabad: Telangana supporters, including the BJP on Sunday voiced opposition to the reported proposal of forming `Rayala-Telangana` state out of Andhra Pradesh.
The proposal envisages clubbing two out of total four districts of Rayalaseema region -- Anantapur and Kurnool - to the Telangana region.
Some Congress leaders from the two districts have come up with this plan.
The two districts of Rayalaseema will have better chances for welfare and prosperity if they are attached to Telangana as it would address some of the problems involved in division like sharing water resources, according to some senior Congress leaders.
Accessibility to Hyderabad, which will be part of Telangana, would provide better opportunities to youths from the two districts, they said.
The proposal of Rayala-Telangana came into circulation following media reports that the option is being considered by the Centre.
"We want only Telangana comprising 10 districts (of present AP) and Hyderabad. We will oppose Rayala-Telangana," M Kodandaram and other Telangana protagonists said.
BJP`s state unit president G Kishan Reddy has said his party might not support Rayala-Telangana though it is fully in support of the separate Telangana demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says