Telangana supporters protest AP govt`s `repressive` attitude
Hyderabad: The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) Tuesday held a protest here against the alleged repressive attitude of the Congress Government in Andhra Pradesh towards the supporters of separate statehood demand.
JAC Chairman M Kodandaram and other leaders observed silence by tying black ribbon to the mouth as a mark of protest.
They condemned the police cases and other measures against the Telangana supporters, particularly in connection with the `Telangana March` held on Sunday last which was marred by violence.
The JAC has announced that it would soon launch fast unto death in support of the Telangana statehood demand.
Meanwhile, TRS sources said party President K Chandrasekhar Rao would return to Hyderabad from Delhi tomorrow evening.
Rao had been camping in Delhi for the last about one month during which he held talks with AICC leaders like Vayalar Ravi, who is involved in handling Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh, over the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder