Telangana supporters protest AP govt`s `repressive` attitude
Hyderabad: The Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) Tuesday held a protest here against the alleged repressive attitude of the Congress Government in Andhra Pradesh towards the supporters of separate statehood demand.
JAC Chairman M Kodandaram and other leaders observed silence by tying black ribbon to the mouth as a mark of protest.
They condemned the police cases and other measures against the Telangana supporters, particularly in connection with the `Telangana March` held on Sunday last which was marred by violence.
The JAC has announced that it would soon launch fast unto death in support of the Telangana statehood demand.
Meanwhile, TRS sources said party President K Chandrasekhar Rao would return to Hyderabad from Delhi tomorrow evening.
Rao had been camping in Delhi for the last about one month during which he held talks with AICC leaders like Vayalar Ravi, who is involved in handling Congress affairs in Andhra Pradesh, over the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Shraddha Kapoor to come together! No, we aren’t talking about a film
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 pre-registrations begins from today
- Kashmir unrest: J&K delegation meets PM Modi; seeks immediate ban on pellet gun
- Cow vigilantism? Man heckled in Mumbai on suspicion of carrying bag made of cowhide
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Delhi court pronounces death for two convicts, life in jail for third