Telangana: TDP may firm up stand in politburo meeting on Thursday
Karimnagar (AP): TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu Wednesday said his party`s position on Telangana will be finalised in the politburo meeting tomorrow, ahead of the December 28 all-party meet on the statehood issue in New Delhi.
"Telugu Desam Party is not against Telangana. We will respect the sentiments of Telangana people. However, the TDP would reveal its stand only in the Politburo meeting to be held tomorrow," Naidu said while addressing gatherings at Gangaram and Ushannapalli villages in Karimnagar district.
The former chief minister, who is on a `padyatra` in the Karimnagar district, went into a huddle with party leaders of Andhra Region at Gangaram village, about 40 km from here, ahead of the New Delhi meeting.
The Union Home Ministry has convened the meeting of recognised political parties in Andhra Pradesh on December 28 to discuss the contentious Telangana issue.
Andhra region TDP leaders Yanamala Ramakrishnudu, Gali Muddu Krishnama Naidu, Payyavula Keshav, Kala Venkatrao, Lal Jan Pasha, CM Ramesh, Deveneni Uma and others participated in the meeting at Gangaram village.
TDP leader Yanamala Ramakrishnudu told reporters that there might be one or two representatives on behalf of his party for the December 28 meeting. "Even in case we decide to send more than one representatives (for the all-party meet) there will be only one opinion on Telangana issue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video