Telangana: TDP may firm up stand in politburo meeting on Thursday
Karimnagar (AP): TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu Wednesday said his party`s position on Telangana will be finalised in the politburo meeting tomorrow, ahead of the December 28 all-party meet on the statehood issue in New Delhi.
"Telugu Desam Party is not against Telangana. We will respect the sentiments of Telangana people. However, the TDP would reveal its stand only in the Politburo meeting to be held tomorrow," Naidu said while addressing gatherings at Gangaram and Ushannapalli villages in Karimnagar district.
The former chief minister, who is on a `padyatra` in the Karimnagar district, went into a huddle with party leaders of Andhra Region at Gangaram village, about 40 km from here, ahead of the New Delhi meeting.
The Union Home Ministry has convened the meeting of recognised political parties in Andhra Pradesh on December 28 to discuss the contentious Telangana issue.
Andhra region TDP leaders Yanamala Ramakrishnudu, Gali Muddu Krishnama Naidu, Payyavula Keshav, Kala Venkatrao, Lal Jan Pasha, CM Ramesh, Deveneni Uma and others participated in the meeting at Gangaram village.
TDP leader Yanamala Ramakrishnudu told reporters that there might be one or two representatives on behalf of his party for the December 28 meeting. "Even in case we decide to send more than one representatives (for the all-party meet) there will be only one opinion on Telangana issue," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP