Telangana to have 163 IAS, 112 IPS posts
New Delhi: A central-government appointed committee has recommended 163 posts of IAS, 112 of IPS and 65 of Indian Forest Service (IFoS) officers for newly-formed Telangana state.
The composition of three all India services was recommended by a six-member committee headed by former Central Vigilance Commissioner (CVC) Pratyush Sinha in its preliminary report to the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT).
Of these posts, 114 posts of IAS officers, 78 of IPS and 46 of IFoS are kept in direct recruitment category, the report said.
At present, there are 284 IAS officers, 209 IPS and 136 IFoS officers working in Andhra Pradesh, according to central government data.
"The bifurcation of cadre strength will be in the ratio of 13:10 for residual Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, which is the ratio of number of districts in the newly-formed state," the report said seeking comments or suggestion from stakeholders by Sunday.
Of the total posts earmarked for 163 IAS officers in Telangana, one each will be for Chief Secretary and Additional Chief Secretary, 10 for Principal Secretaries and 27 for Secretaries among others.
Among the 112 IPS posts, one is for Director General of Police (DGP), five Additional Directors General (ADG), 13 Inspectors General (IG) and 11 Deputy Inspectors General (DIG) among others.
For 65 IFoS posts, two will be for Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (PCCF), three for Additional Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (PCCF) and five for Chief Conservator of Forests (CCF) among others, it said.
The Committee has recommended 211 posts for IAS, 144 for IPS and 82 for IFoS officers for residual Andhra Pradesh.
The committee was formed by the DoPT to make recommendations regarding determination of the cadre strength of Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS) and IFoS of the two successor states, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
It will finalise its reports after analysing comments or suggestions received from concerned persons or any stake- holder.
Telangana, the country`s 29th state, will be born on June 2 and start functioning from that day.
The central government has already issued a gazette notification on the formation of Telangana. Parliament gave its approval on February 20 for the creation of Telangana by bifurcating Andhra Pradesh.
The DoPT has also formed a six-member advisory committee, under the chairmanship of former IAS officer C R Kamalanathan, to decide on allocation of employees (excluding all India services) from Andhra Pradesh to Telangana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'