Telangana: Top Andhra officials summoned to Delhi
Hyderabad: Amid intensified efforts by the Central government to resolve the Telangana issue, the Andhra Pradesh chief secretary and police chief have been summoned to New Delhi.
Chief Secretary Minni Mathew and Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy will meet Home Secretary RK Singh.
The development has raised hopes among pro-Telangana groups that the Central government would soon announce statehood to Telangana region.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said after a December 28 all-party meeting in Delhi that a decision on Telangana would be taken within a month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III