Telangana: Top Andhra officials summoned to Delhi
Hyderabad: Amid intensified efforts by the Central government to resolve the Telangana issue, the Andhra Pradesh chief secretary and police chief have been summoned to New Delhi.
Chief Secretary Minni Mathew and Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy will meet Home Secretary RK Singh.
The development has raised hopes among pro-Telangana groups that the Central government would soon announce statehood to Telangana region.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said after a December 28 all-party meeting in Delhi that a decision on Telangana would be taken within a month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai