Telangana: Top Andhra officials summoned to Delhi
Hyderabad: Amid intensified efforts by the Central government to resolve the Telangana issue, the Andhra Pradesh chief secretary and police chief have been summoned to New Delhi.
Chief Secretary Minni Mathew and Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy will meet Home Secretary RK Singh.
The development has raised hopes among pro-Telangana groups that the Central government would soon announce statehood to Telangana region.
Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said after a December 28 all-party meeting in Delhi that a decision on Telangana would be taken within a month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him