Telangana would be self-sufficient, says TRS
Hyderabad: The contentions of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy over the issues concerning proposed division of the state were not true, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao said here on Friday.
Dwelling at length on issues raised by Reddy yesterday, he said Telangana can sustain itself with regard to power production, water utilisation, etc.
Telangana would be able to meet its power requirement by completing the ongoing power projects and purchasing power from neighbouring Chhattisgarh or even the new Andhra Pradesh, he said.
Water sharing would be governed by prevailing laws and wisdom lay in reaching an agreement instead of fighting, Rao said.
About the status of Hyderabad, Rao said TRS had no objection to the Congress` decision to make the city the joint capital for the two states post-division, but added that "non-natives cannot claim ownership over the city".
The Chief Minister had said yesterday that Centre should address the complicated issues related to post-bifurcation situation first.
Replying to a query, Rao said that committee set up by Congress under AK Antony would not stall the formation of Telangana but hear out concerns over the division.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy