Telugu actor Pawan Kalyan meets Narendra Modi, declares support
Ahmedabad: Telugu actor Pawan Kalyan, Congress leader K Chiranjeevi`s brother, on Friday met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and declared support to him for the Prime Minister`s post.
Kalyan, who recently launched Jana Sena party, however did not say anything about possibility of alliance with BJP in the residual Andhra Pradesh/Seemandhra.
Kalyan met Modi at the latter`s office in Gandhinagar.
"Modi is fit to become the Prime Minister, and I and my party support him," Kalyan said after the meeting.
"I am backing Modi, so obviously I am backing BJP," he said, when asked whether he would campaign for BJP in his state.
But he refused to spell out if his party will have a pre-poll tie up with BJP. He also evaded a question as to why he and his brother and Union Minister K Chiranjeevi had chosen different political paths.
Kalyan launched his party on March 14 with "throw out Congress" as the central plank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi