Telugu actor Pawan Kalyan meets Narendra Modi, declares support
Ahmedabad: Telugu actor Pawan Kalyan, Congress leader K Chiranjeevi`s brother, on Friday met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and declared support to him for the Prime Minister`s post.
Kalyan, who recently launched Jana Sena party, however did not say anything about possibility of alliance with BJP in the residual Andhra Pradesh/Seemandhra.
Kalyan met Modi at the latter`s office in Gandhinagar.
"Modi is fit to become the Prime Minister, and I and my party support him," Kalyan said after the meeting.
"I am backing Modi, so obviously I am backing BJP," he said, when asked whether he would campaign for BJP in his state.
But he refused to spell out if his party will have a pre-poll tie up with BJP. He also evaded a question as to why he and his brother and Union Minister K Chiranjeevi had chosen different political paths.
Kalyan launched his party on March 14 with "throw out Congress" as the central plank.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why