Telugu actor Pawan Kalyan meets Narendra Modi, declares support
Ahmedabad: Telugu actor Pawan Kalyan, Congress leader K Chiranjeevi`s brother, on Friday met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and declared support to him for the Prime Minister`s post.
Kalyan, who recently launched Jana Sena party, however did not say anything about possibility of alliance with BJP in the residual Andhra Pradesh/Seemandhra.
Kalyan met Modi at the latter`s office in Gandhinagar.
"Modi is fit to become the Prime Minister, and I and my party support him," Kalyan said after the meeting.
"I am backing Modi, so obviously I am backing BJP," he said, when asked whether he would campaign for BJP in his state.
But he refused to spell out if his party will have a pre-poll tie up with BJP. He also evaded a question as to why he and his brother and Union Minister K Chiranjeevi had chosen different political paths.
Kalyan launched his party on March 14 with "throw out Congress" as the central plank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Be ready to tackle floods, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik's message to administration
- Watch: AR Murugadoss introduces action avatar of Sonakshi Sinha in 'Akira'
- Style queen Kangana Ranaut stuns in Grazia India's 100th issue cover! - Pics inside
- ICE vs FRA Preview: Dark Horses Iceland face favorites France in quarter-finals
- Love blooms amidst wrestling! Salman Khan-Anushka Sharma look delightful in 'Sultan' new still