Telugu Desam Party turns 29, NTR remembered
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party turned
29 on Monday. Floral tributes were paid to party founder-president
N T Rama Rao on the occasion.
In Hyderabad, TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu paid
floral tributes to party founder-president and late chief
minister NT Rama Rao at the NTR Ghat here today.
Senior party leaders and several MLAs accompanied him
on the occasion.
"The TDP was founded by N T Rama Rao on March 29,
1982, based on a historic need to rid the state of the corrupt
and inept Congress rule. By establishing TDP, NTR spread the
Telugu glory far and wide not only in India but also abroad,"
Chandrababu said on the occasion.
The TDP rode to power in a record nine months upon its
formation and worked relentlessly for the welfare of the
people, he said.
He regretted that the 1982 situation has recurred in
the state as the current Congress government totally ignored
the welfare of the people.
A function was also organized in the TDP state
headquarters N T R Bhavan to celebrate the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police