Telugu Desam Party turns 29, NTR remembered
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party turned
29 on Monday. Floral tributes were paid to party founder-president
N T Rama Rao on the occasion.
In Hyderabad, TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu paid
floral tributes to party founder-president and late chief
minister NT Rama Rao at the NTR Ghat here today.
Senior party leaders and several MLAs accompanied him
on the occasion.
"The TDP was founded by N T Rama Rao on March 29,
1982, based on a historic need to rid the state of the corrupt
and inept Congress rule. By establishing TDP, NTR spread the
Telugu glory far and wide not only in India but also abroad,"
Chandrababu said on the occasion.
The TDP rode to power in a record nine months upon its
formation and worked relentlessly for the welfare of the
people, he said.
He regretted that the 1982 situation has recurred in
the state as the current Congress government totally ignored
the welfare of the people.
A function was also organized in the TDP state
headquarters N T R Bhavan to celebrate the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule