Telugu Desam Party turns 29, NTR remembered
Hyderabad: The Telugu Desam Party turned
29 on Monday. Floral tributes were paid to party founder-president
N T Rama Rao on the occasion.
In Hyderabad, TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu paid
floral tributes to party founder-president and late chief
minister NT Rama Rao at the NTR Ghat here today.
Senior party leaders and several MLAs accompanied him
on the occasion.
"The TDP was founded by N T Rama Rao on March 29,
1982, based on a historic need to rid the state of the corrupt
and inept Congress rule. By establishing TDP, NTR spread the
Telugu glory far and wide not only in India but also abroad,"
Chandrababu said on the occasion.
The TDP rode to power in a record nine months upon its
formation and worked relentlessly for the welfare of the
people, he said.
He regretted that the 1982 situation has recurred in
the state as the current Congress government totally ignored
the welfare of the people.
A function was also organized in the TDP state
headquarters N T R Bhavan to celebrate the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok