Ten candidates for AP Council elected unopposed
Hyderabad: Five candidates of Congress, three belonging to TDP and one each from TRS and YSR Congress have been unanimously elected to the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Council.
The elected members are: Kolagatla Veerabhadra Swamy, Ponguleti Sudhakar Reddy, Mohd Ali Shabbir B, Lakshmi Siva Kumari Anguri, Thiruvaragarm Santhosh Kumar (all Congress); Pamidi Samanthakamani, Mohmmed Saleem, Ramakrishnudu Yanamala (all TDP), Mohd Mahmood Ali (TRS) and Appa Rao Adireddy-YSR Congress.
They are elected unopposed as only ten nominations were received to fill the ten vacancies.
The election was necessitated as the term of the sitting members expires this month-end.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video