Ten gets life term in Salem murder case
Salem: A court here has sentenced 10 persons,
including a woman, to life imprisonment in a murder case of a
32-year-old farmer in 2007.
According to prosecution, a group of persons hacked Selvam
to death in June 2007 in Vaikundam in the district. Police
arrested Selvam`s wife Rani Chandra for her alleged
involvement the murder.
Police later arrested nine others following information
provided by her.
The Fast Track Court judge S Kalaivani awarded life term
to them, including Selvam`s wife, yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!