Ten gets life term in Salem murder case
Salem: A court here has sentenced 10 persons,
including a woman, to life imprisonment in a murder case of a
32-year-old farmer in 2007.
According to prosecution, a group of persons hacked Selvam
to death in June 2007 in Vaikundam in the district. Police
arrested Selvam`s wife Rani Chandra for her alleged
involvement the murder.
Police later arrested nine others following information
provided by her.
The Fast Track Court judge S Kalaivani awarded life term
to them, including Selvam`s wife, yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- DNA: Today in History, 26th June 2016
- Nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers on 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas'
- India deploys tanks in Ladakh to counter China's military build-up
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015