Ten held on charge of rioting in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Ten persons, mostly teenagers, were arrested on Friday on charge of rioting after they allegedly assaulted two constables when a college student was penalised for traffic violation in Langer Houz here.
According to police, one college student was fined Rs 350 by traffic police at Rethi Bowli area when they found that he was driving a car without proper documents.
The student, however, refused to pay the fine and started arguing with them. Later he called his friends, who allegedly assaulted the policemen.
Police had to use mild force to control the situation and later took into custody 10 of them, including the student concerned for rioting and under other sections of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note