Ten held on charge of rioting in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Ten persons, mostly teenagers, were arrested on Friday on charge of rioting after they allegedly assaulted two constables when a college student was penalised for traffic violation in Langer Houz here.
According to police, one college student was fined Rs 350 by traffic police at Rethi Bowli area when they found that he was driving a car without proper documents.
The student, however, refused to pay the fine and started arguing with them. Later he called his friends, who allegedly assaulted the policemen.
Police had to use mild force to control the situation and later took into custody 10 of them, including the student concerned for rioting and under other sections of IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report