Ten held on charge of rioting in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Ten persons, mostly teenagers, were arrested on Friday on charge of rioting after they allegedly assaulted two constables when a college student was penalised for traffic violation in Langer Houz here.
According to police, one college student was fined Rs 350 by traffic police at Rethi Bowli area when they found that he was driving a car without proper documents.
The student, however, refused to pay the fine and started arguing with them. Later he called his friends, who allegedly assaulted the policemen.
Police had to use mild force to control the situation and later took into custody 10 of them, including the student concerned for rioting and under other sections of IPC.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani