Ten Lankan fishermen held for entering Indian waters
Kakinada: Ten Sri Lankan fishermen were on Sunday arrested by Marine Police here for illegally fishing off Krishnapatnam coast in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, police said today.
The fishermen were caught by the Coast Guard during a routine surveillance in Bay of Bengal yesterday, they said.
The Coast Guard personnel later handed over the Sri Lankans to the Kakinada Marine Police along with two boats and 1,800 kg of tuna fish, they said.
The Sri Lankan fishermen, who had allegedly indulged in illegal fishing activity in the Indian waters, were booked under relevant sections of the Maritime Zones of India Act, the police officer added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview