Ten Lankan fishermen held for entering Indian waters
Kakinada: Ten Sri Lankan fishermen were on Sunday arrested by Marine Police here for illegally fishing off Krishnapatnam coast in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh, police said today.
The fishermen were caught by the Coast Guard during a routine surveillance in Bay of Bengal yesterday, they said.
The Coast Guard personnel later handed over the Sri Lankans to the Kakinada Marine Police along with two boats and 1,800 kg of tuna fish, they said.
The Sri Lankan fishermen, who had allegedly indulged in illegal fishing activity in the Indian waters, were booked under relevant sections of the Maritime Zones of India Act, the police officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back