Ten Sri Lankan fishermen arrested off Andhra coast
Hyderabad: Ten Sri Lankan fishermen have
been arrested for allegedly fishing in Indian waters off the
Andhra Pradesh coast, officials said on Sunday.
The Lankans, travelling in two motor-boats, were fishing
in the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) off Narasapur coast (West
Godavari district) on Friday evening, a senior Coast Guard
official said adding that the men were handed over to the
Marine Police in Kakinada yesterday.
The fishermen are in the age group of 20-40. After
questioning, they were produced today before the Chief
Metropolitan Magistrate in Visakhapatnam and remanded in
judicial custody, said Kakinada Marine Circle Inspector KBG
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Know who influences Shah Rukh Khan’s life – Details inside
- ED slaps case against BS Hooda and Associated Journal Ltd under PMLA
- Bhoot, pret, upari saya: MP minister clarifies on reasons behind farmers' suicide
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid