Tension in Warangal after student`s suicide over Telangana
Warangal: Tension prevailed in Warangal on Tuesday after the last rites of Neeraj Bharadwaj (22), an engineering student who committed suicide by setting himself ablaze demanding that the Centre concede a separate Telangana state, was performed by his father.
A large number of youths of the Telangana Joint Action Committee Student Action Committee came to MGM Hospital in a big procession as the body was taken from MGM hospital to Martias Memorial at Adalath.
All engineering colleges in the district were closed today to mourn the death of the student of Warangal Institute of Technology here who set himself ablaze last night.
Earlier, TJAC chairman Kodanda Ram paid homage to Bharadwaj`s body at MGM Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'