Tension in Warangal after student`s suicide over Telangana
Warangal: Tension prevailed in Warangal on Tuesday after the last rites of Neeraj Bharadwaj (22), an engineering student who committed suicide by setting himself ablaze demanding that the Centre concede a separate Telangana state, was performed by his father.
A large number of youths of the Telangana Joint Action Committee Student Action Committee came to MGM Hospital in a big procession as the body was taken from MGM hospital to Martias Memorial at Adalath.
All engineering colleges in the district were closed today to mourn the death of the student of Warangal Institute of Technology here who set himself ablaze last night.
Earlier, TJAC chairman Kodanda Ram paid homage to Bharadwaj`s body at MGM Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter