Tension in Warangal after student`s suicide over Telangana
Warangal: Tension prevailed in Warangal on Tuesday after the last rites of Neeraj Bharadwaj (22), an engineering student who committed suicide by setting himself ablaze demanding that the Centre concede a separate Telangana state, was performed by his father.
A large number of youths of the Telangana Joint Action Committee Student Action Committee came to MGM Hospital in a big procession as the body was taken from MGM hospital to Martias Memorial at Adalath.
All engineering colleges in the district were closed today to mourn the death of the student of Warangal Institute of Technology here who set himself ablaze last night.
Earlier, TJAC chairman Kodanda Ram paid homage to Bharadwaj`s body at MGM Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video