The process for creation of Telangana is lengthy: Sai Pratap
Kadapa: Union Minister of State for Steel K Sai Pratap has said it is not easy to move a bill for the formation of a separate Telangana in the Parliament.
"TRS leader K Chandrashekhar Rao is of the opinion that Telangana can be created on his terms. But the process for the creation of a separate state is lengthy," Pratap told
reporters at Ramapuram in Kadapa district yesterday.
Commenting on the prolonged formal and legislative process involved in the exercise, Pratap said, "to form a separate state the concerned Chief Minister has to send a
report to the Governor who submits his views to the President of India and the State Assembly has to pass a resolution."
After considering all the facts the President of India has to propose a bill in Parliament for the creation of a separate state, he said.
Pratap also accused the TRS chief of "knowingly trying to blackmail the Centre for his own popularity."
Charging Rao with provoking innocent students and playing with their future, he said all development work in the state was stalled because of the ongoing Telangana movement and stressed that all round growth was possible only in a unified state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das