Thousands take holy dip in Godavari on Mahashivrathri
Rajahmundry: Mahashivrathri was on Wednesday
celebrated with religious fervour and traditional gaiety here
with thousands of devotees taking a holy dip in the Godavari
Large number of devotees from various parts of the
district thronged to the famous `Siva` temple and offered
prayers. Serpentine queues are seen at the Samaralkota,
Draksharama, Pithapuram and Palokole areas in East Godavari
district to perform special poojas, Abishekams and other
rituals to Lord Siva on the occasion.
Markendeya swamy temple situated on banks of Godavari here
was flooded with devotees since early hours.
The temple authorities made special arrangements to meet
the extra rush of the devotes on the occasion. Several
devotional, cultural and other programmes have been organised
on the occasion.
State-run RTC is running special buses to various Shiva
temples situated in the district besides West godavari and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof