Threat of "another Emergency" looms large: Naidu
Vijayawada: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Friday claimed that the country faces the threat of
"another Emergency" and people should be beware of it.
"Evil designs" and "arrogant deeds and acts" of the
Congress-led UPA Government showed that the current situation
may lead to "another Emergency", he told reporters here.
The scam-ridden Manmohan Singh Government is attacking
others to cover up its "failures", he alleged.
The Centre was "threatening and blackmailing" those
fighting against corruption and putting the blame for
everything at RSS` door, Naidu claimed.
The government seems unwilling to punish those
involved in various scams. It was only after the intervention
of the Supreme Court and pressure from media and Opposition
that those accused of graft had been arrested, he claimed.
Naidu alleged the government initially treated social
activist Anna Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev as VIPs and later
called them corrupt and pro-RSS.
The government would now use central agencies
including Income-Tax, CBI, IB and ED against Hazare and
Ramdev, the former Union Minister claimed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'