Threat of "another Emergency" looms large: Naidu
Vijayawada: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Friday claimed that the country faces the threat of
"another Emergency" and people should be beware of it.
"Evil designs" and "arrogant deeds and acts" of the
Congress-led UPA Government showed that the current situation
may lead to "another Emergency", he told reporters here.
The scam-ridden Manmohan Singh Government is attacking
others to cover up its "failures", he alleged.
The Centre was "threatening and blackmailing" those
fighting against corruption and putting the blame for
everything at RSS` door, Naidu claimed.
The government seems unwilling to punish those
involved in various scams. It was only after the intervention
of the Supreme Court and pressure from media and Opposition
that those accused of graft had been arrested, he claimed.
Naidu alleged the government initially treated social
activist Anna Hazare and yoga guru Ramdev as VIPs and later
called them corrupt and pro-RSS.
The government would now use central agencies
including Income-Tax, CBI, IB and ED against Hazare and
Ramdev, the former Union Minister claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened