Three AP Govt officials suspended for land scam
Visakhapatnam: Visakhapatnam Urban Development Authority (VUDA) on Thursday suspended three staffers and also took action against some retired employees for their alleged involvement in a multi-crore land scam in the city.
VUDA Vice-Chairman K Sasidhar suspended Senior Assistant of Estate Wing P Ramakrishna, Assistant Planning Officer Ramateertha and Architectural Draughtsman V S S Ramalakshmi for their role in the land scam at MVP Colony.
Retired administrative officers K Karuna Kumar and V Chiranjeevi Raju, and ex-draughtsman D Punnaiah, who were also involved in the scam, will not get pension from VUDA, he said.
Sasidhar said the action against the erring staff is a message to the public that no VUDA employee will be spared for fraudulent action. Further action will be taken against them based on a report submitted by the VUDA Vice-Chairman. Sasidhar said the scam involved fraudulent allotments of land owned by VUDA.
Plots were allotted to fake beneficiaries in a land pooling project at prime areas at throwaway prices in connivance with VUDA officials, he said.
Earlier in the day, Andhra Pradesh Minister for Infrastructure, Investment and Ports Ganta Srinivas Rao said an independent agency will be asked to investigate the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand