Three arrested for cheating bank in Vijayawada
Vijayawada: City police on Tuesday arrested three
youths for allegedly cheating a bank here of Rs seven lakh by
tampering with a demand draft.
According to police, one of the accused purchased a
demand draft for Rs 700 from Vytarani Grameen Bank from
Bhubaneshwar, and later changed the figure into seven lakh.
The accused then deposited the tampered draft into one of
their accomplice`s account in the Bank of India`s Governorpet
branch after which the bank transferred the amount in to the
account, they added.
However, when the bank sent the draft to Vytarni Grameen
Bank, they refused payment to Bank of India following which
the local branch manager registered a police complaint.
Police arrested the account holder and two of his
accomplices. Search is on for two others accused in the case,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military unveils new weapons after South China Sea verdict
- Pakistan PM chairs meeting on Kashmir
- Kashmir unrest: Rajnath to embark on two-day visit to Valley
- Waiting for the day Kashmir becomes part of Pakistan: Nawaz Sharif
- Must Watch: What Nawaz Sharif's daughter has to say about PML-N's victory in PoK polls