Three arrested for cheating bank in Vijayawada
Vijayawada: City police on Tuesday arrested three
youths for allegedly cheating a bank here of Rs seven lakh by
tampering with a demand draft.
According to police, one of the accused purchased a
demand draft for Rs 700 from Vytarani Grameen Bank from
Bhubaneshwar, and later changed the figure into seven lakh.
The accused then deposited the tampered draft into one of
their accomplice`s account in the Bank of India`s Governorpet
branch after which the bank transferred the amount in to the
account, they added.
However, when the bank sent the draft to Vytarni Grameen
Bank, they refused payment to Bank of India following which
the local branch manager registered a police complaint.
Police arrested the account holder and two of his
accomplices. Search is on for two others accused in the case,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you