Three arrested for cheating bank in Vijayawada
Vijayawada: City police on Tuesday arrested three
youths for allegedly cheating a bank here of Rs seven lakh by
tampering with a demand draft.
According to police, one of the accused purchased a
demand draft for Rs 700 from Vytarani Grameen Bank from
Bhubaneshwar, and later changed the figure into seven lakh.
The accused then deposited the tampered draft into one of
their accomplice`s account in the Bank of India`s Governorpet
branch after which the bank transferred the amount in to the
account, they added.
However, when the bank sent the draft to Vytarni Grameen
Bank, they refused payment to Bank of India following which
the local branch manager registered a police complaint.
Police arrested the account holder and two of his
accomplices. Search is on for two others accused in the case,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'