Three arrested for cheating bank in Vijayawada
Vijayawada: City police on Tuesday arrested three
youths for allegedly cheating a bank here of Rs seven lakh by
tampering with a demand draft.
According to police, one of the accused purchased a
demand draft for Rs 700 from Vytarani Grameen Bank from
Bhubaneshwar, and later changed the figure into seven lakh.
The accused then deposited the tampered draft into one of
their accomplice`s account in the Bank of India`s Governorpet
branch after which the bank transferred the amount in to the
account, they added.
However, when the bank sent the draft to Vytarni Grameen
Bank, they refused payment to Bank of India following which
the local branch manager registered a police complaint.
Police arrested the account holder and two of his
accomplices. Search is on for two others accused in the case,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre