Three arrested for cheating bank in Vijayawada
Vijayawada: City police on Tuesday arrested three
youths for allegedly cheating a bank here of Rs seven lakh by
tampering with a demand draft.
According to police, one of the accused purchased a
demand draft for Rs 700 from Vytarani Grameen Bank from
Bhubaneshwar, and later changed the figure into seven lakh.
The accused then deposited the tampered draft into one of
their accomplice`s account in the Bank of India`s Governorpet
branch after which the bank transferred the amount in to the
account, they added.
However, when the bank sent the draft to Vytarni Grameen
Bank, they refused payment to Bank of India following which
the local branch manager registered a police complaint.
Police arrested the account holder and two of his
accomplices. Search is on for two others accused in the case,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Priyanka Chopra, Saroj Khan honoured at Fempowerment awards
- We should protect and preserve our unity, integrity: PM on GST
- Honda Activa contributes 38% of incremental industry sales in July
- Banks not fully understanding problems of SMEs: Commerce and Industry Minister
- West Indies vs India: 2nd T20I — As it happened...