Three arrested for circulating fake currency notes
Hyderabad: Hyderabad Police on Saturday arrested
three persons, who were allegedly a part of a network which
smuggled fake Indian currency into the country from Pakistan,
and seized currency notes worth the face value of Rs 6.5 lakh
The Commissioner`s Task Force arrested A Narendra Kumar
Reddy and his two associates -- Syed Hussain and Maqbool
Hussain -- on the charges of circulating fake currency notes.
Counterfeit notes of the denominations of Rs 500 and Rs
1,000 were seized from them, said Additional Commissioner of
Police (Coordination) A R Anuradha.
Reddy is a native of Banaganapally in Kurnool district.
He got introduced to the fake currency network first when he
visited Raichur in Karnataka.
He and his associates joined hands with one Palakollu
Kumar and procured fake Indian currency notes with the face
value of Rs 65 lakh that was procured from Bangladesh.
The Commissioner`s Task Force (West Zone) apprehended the
three men, while they were trying to circulate fake currency
in Mehdipatnam area here today, Anuradha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why