Three arrested for illegal sale and possession of explosives
Hyderabad: The police arrested three people today for illegal sale and possession of explosives as well as seized a huge quantity of explosives including 3,100 gelatin sticks, 3,500 electric detonators, besides seven bags of ammonium nitrate from them, the police said.
The Commissioner`s Task Force (North Zone Team) nabbed Rupani Narasimha, a businessman, besides two stone breaking contractors V Ramchander and D Ramulu at a site near Trimulgherry here, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police P Rameshaiah said.
Narasimha of Chinnakaparthi village of Nalgonda district supplied gelatin sticks, detonators and ammonium nitrate at high rates for illegal gains and the explosives used to blast stones illegally, a senior police officer said.
Investigations revealed that Narasimha procured explosives from one of his relatives and hoarded these in a room located in his field at Chityal, he said.
One Ramulu contacted Ramchander for explosives to enable him to blast stones illegally and Ramchander in turn contacted Narasimha for explosives, the senior police officer said.
They have been handed over to the Trimulgherry police along with the explosives for further investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress