Three arrested for illegal sale and possession of explosives
Hyderabad: The police arrested three people today for illegal sale and possession of explosives as well as seized a huge quantity of explosives including 3,100 gelatin sticks, 3,500 electric detonators, besides seven bags of ammonium nitrate from them, the police said.
The Commissioner`s Task Force (North Zone Team) nabbed Rupani Narasimha, a businessman, besides two stone breaking contractors V Ramchander and D Ramulu at a site near Trimulgherry here, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police P Rameshaiah said.
Narasimha of Chinnakaparthi village of Nalgonda district supplied gelatin sticks, detonators and ammonium nitrate at high rates for illegal gains and the explosives used to blast stones illegally, a senior police officer said.
Investigations revealed that Narasimha procured explosives from one of his relatives and hoarded these in a room located in his field at Chityal, he said.
One Ramulu contacted Ramchander for explosives to enable him to blast stones illegally and Ramchander in turn contacted Narasimha for explosives, the senior police officer said.
They have been handed over to the Trimulgherry police along with the explosives for further investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says