Three arrested for illegal sale and possession of explosives
Hyderabad: The police arrested three people today for illegal sale and possession of explosives as well as seized a huge quantity of explosives including 3,100 gelatin sticks, 3,500 electric detonators, besides seven bags of ammonium nitrate from them, the police said.
The Commissioner`s Task Force (North Zone Team) nabbed Rupani Narasimha, a businessman, besides two stone breaking contractors V Ramchander and D Ramulu at a site near Trimulgherry here, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police P Rameshaiah said.
Narasimha of Chinnakaparthi village of Nalgonda district supplied gelatin sticks, detonators and ammonium nitrate at high rates for illegal gains and the explosives used to blast stones illegally, a senior police officer said.
Investigations revealed that Narasimha procured explosives from one of his relatives and hoarded these in a room located in his field at Chityal, he said.
One Ramulu contacted Ramchander for explosives to enable him to blast stones illegally and Ramchander in turn contacted Narasimha for explosives, the senior police officer said.
They have been handed over to the Trimulgherry police along with the explosives for further investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday