Three burnt alive as bus catches fire in Andra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Three people were burnt alive and 30 others were injured in a collision between a bus and a truck in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh near the border with Karnataka late Friday, police said.
The mishap took place at Sangili near Palmaner when Garuda bus of state-owned Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) coming from Bangalore and heading towards Tirupati collided with the truck coming from opposite direction.
The bus caught fire, killing three passengers and injuring 30 others. The truck was completely destroyed in the fire. The fire fighting personnel rushed to the scene and doused the fire.
The injured were shifted to a nearby hospital. There were 43 passengers in the bus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'