Three burnt alive as bus catches fire in Andra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Three people were burnt alive and 30 others were injured in a collision between a bus and a truck in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh near the border with Karnataka late Friday, police said.
The mishap took place at Sangili near Palmaner when Garuda bus of state-owned Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) coming from Bangalore and heading towards Tirupati collided with the truck coming from opposite direction.
The bus caught fire, killing three passengers and injuring 30 others. The truck was completely destroyed in the fire. The fire fighting personnel rushed to the scene and doused the fire.
The injured were shifted to a nearby hospital. There were 43 passengers in the bus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown