Three children die after drunk mother throws them into a well
Hyderabad: Three children died after their mother allegedly threw them into a village well before she jumped into it herself in the Mahabubnagar district of Andhra Pradesh this evening, the police said.
The woman, who is in a critical condition did the act allegedly in an inebriated condition, the police said.
The incident occured in Rekulachoudapur of Nawabpet mandal at around 4 pm, when the woman took her three children including two boys and a girl near a well and threw them in, an investigating officer told PTI.
The deceased were identified as K Agni (6), K Shilpa (7) and K Charan (2), he said.
Some villagers immediately jumped into the well and tried to save the children, but the three kids died while their mother was rescued, he said. However, her condition remains critical and she has been rushed to a hospital.
"The woman is an alcohol addict. It seems that she was in a mentally-disturbed state. Her husband is a driver and there were no family problems. She was in an inebriated condition when the incident happened," the police officer said based on a preliminary investigation.
Nawabpet police were in the process of booking a case, while the bodies of the three children have been sent for post-mortem. Further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves