Hyderabad: Three people, including a woman and a nine-year-old girl, died and 10 others were taken seriously ill after eating food from a hotel in Andhra Pradesh Tuesday, police said. A two-year-old girl and two others are said to be critical.
According to doctors, the three died within hours of eating the food from a roadside hotel in Mirzapuram in the coastal Krishna district.
The ten others, mostly children, were admitted to hospitals at Nuzvidu, Eluru and Vijayawada.
The victims are daily wage labourers who had breakfast along with their children before going to work. All of them had `poori`, and later started vomiting.
Doctors suspect it to be a case of food poisoning.
A girl is in a very critical condition. Doctors said she was having continuous convulsions and they were trying to save her.