Three engineering students drown in Kurnool in AP
Hyderabad: Three engineering students
drowned in a canal near Nandyal of Kurnool district of Andhra
Pradesh, police said today.
The deceased identified as Ravi Kant, Guruappa and
Madhusudan all aged around 22, had recently completed their
final-year B.Tech course and went to K C canal area near
Nandyal of Kurnool district yesterday afternoon, as part of
celebrations, but met watery grave, they said.
"The trio, all friends, consumed alcohol during the
celebrations. After which one of them went towards the canal
to wash his hands, but suddenly slipped into the deep waters.
Hearing his cries two others rushed to his rescue but none of
them knew swimming and they too drowned in the canal," a
police officer told PTI, quoting a farmer who witnessed the
The farmer Krishna, saw the youths drowning and alerted
the locals who informed their parents in Nandyal. The parents
today filed a complaint with Nandyal Taluk police, he said.
"The bodies of the youths were yet to be retrieved," the
police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets