Three engineering students drown in Kurnool in AP
Hyderabad: Three engineering students
drowned in a canal near Nandyal of Kurnool district of Andhra
Pradesh, police said today.
The deceased identified as Ravi Kant, Guruappa and
Madhusudan all aged around 22, had recently completed their
final-year B.Tech course and went to K C canal area near
Nandyal of Kurnool district yesterday afternoon, as part of
celebrations, but met watery grave, they said.
"The trio, all friends, consumed alcohol during the
celebrations. After which one of them went towards the canal
to wash his hands, but suddenly slipped into the deep waters.
Hearing his cries two others rushed to his rescue but none of
them knew swimming and they too drowned in the canal," a
police officer told PTI, quoting a farmer who witnessed the
The farmer Krishna, saw the youths drowning and alerted
the locals who informed their parents in Nandyal. The parents
today filed a complaint with Nandyal Taluk police, he said.
"The bodies of the youths were yet to be retrieved," the
police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Here are some tips to style yourself in a Boho outfit
- It is inexcusable that Leander Paes reached Rio a day before doubles match: Mahesh Bhupathi
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”