Three engineering students drown in Kurnool in AP
Hyderabad: Three engineering students
drowned in a canal near Nandyal of Kurnool district of Andhra
Pradesh, police said today.
The deceased identified as Ravi Kant, Guruappa and
Madhusudan all aged around 22, had recently completed their
final-year B.Tech course and went to K C canal area near
Nandyal of Kurnool district yesterday afternoon, as part of
celebrations, but met watery grave, they said.
"The trio, all friends, consumed alcohol during the
celebrations. After which one of them went towards the canal
to wash his hands, but suddenly slipped into the deep waters.
Hearing his cries two others rushed to his rescue but none of
them knew swimming and they too drowned in the canal," a
police officer told PTI, quoting a farmer who witnessed the
The farmer Krishna, saw the youths drowning and alerted
the locals who informed their parents in Nandyal. The parents
today filed a complaint with Nandyal Taluk police, he said.
"The bodies of the youths were yet to be retrieved," the
police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister