Three engineering students drown in Kurnool in AP
Hyderabad: Three engineering students
drowned in a canal near Nandyal of Kurnool district of Andhra
Pradesh, police said today.
The deceased identified as Ravi Kant, Guruappa and
Madhusudan all aged around 22, had recently completed their
final-year B.Tech course and went to K C canal area near
Nandyal of Kurnool district yesterday afternoon, as part of
celebrations, but met watery grave, they said.
"The trio, all friends, consumed alcohol during the
celebrations. After which one of them went towards the canal
to wash his hands, but suddenly slipped into the deep waters.
Hearing his cries two others rushed to his rescue but none of
them knew swimming and they too drowned in the canal," a
police officer told PTI, quoting a farmer who witnessed the
The farmer Krishna, saw the youths drowning and alerted
the locals who informed their parents in Nandyal. The parents
today filed a complaint with Nandyal Taluk police, he said.
"The bodies of the youths were yet to be retrieved," the
police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Reduced oxygen can cause childhood heart disease
- Premier Futsal: Goa 5's outclass Bengaluru 5's 3-0, seal semi-final spot
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks